Despite we brush our teeth daily, so many people don’t even know they are doing it wrong, most of them don’t even take at least two minutes to do it. So if you’re wondering: How should I brush my teeth? We leave you an explanation and some tips for your dental care.
First of all:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of your brush should fit your mouth allowing you to reach all areas easily.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
- Choose the right toothpaste. Today there is a wide variety of toothpaste designed for many conditions, like cavities, gingivitis, tartar, stained teeth and sensitivity. Ask your dentist which toothpaste is right for you
Guide to brush:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Clean the outer surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
- Clean the inner surfaces of your upper teeth, then your lower teeth
- Clean the chewing surfaces
- For fresher breath, be sure to brush your tongue, too
Top three tips for take care of your teeth and gums:
- Brush at least twice a day for at least two minutes, we recommended first thing in the morning and before bedtime
- Floss every day – usually at bedtime
- Visit your dentist every six months for an oral exam and professional cleaning.
If you want to know more about our services call toll free from USA and Canada 1 800 701 6039, or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 140 51 25.
You might also be interested in: Why is important to change the toothbrushes?