Taking care of your teeth should be a priority, so we listed below certain things that you may be doing wrong with your teeth.
- Multitasking while you brush: We know that it’s tempting to brush your teeth in the shower or when doing any other activity when you are in a hurry, but the best to take time in front of the mirror over the sink, to brush your teeth and be sure to wash all surfaces of your teeth and make cleaning more deep.
- Overcleaning your toothbrush: It is not necessary to disinfect your brush on the dishwasher or in the microwave. Although there are microscopic bacteria in your brush it’s only necessary rinse it well with water from the faucet and let it air dry, and make sure to store it vertically where it is not touching another person’s brush. More drastic cleaning measures can damage your brush. Toothbrushes should be replaced every 3 months anyway.
- Storing your wet toothbrush in a travel case: It’s important to stow your brush somewhere sanitary before you tuck it into your luggage for a trip. Use a cover or case during transport, make sure you take you toothbrush out and allow it to air dry when you reach your destination.
- Brushing right after your morning breakfast: Like to star your day with a glass of orange juice or lemon water? Brushing right afterward can wear away your enamel. The acidic environment weakens the teeth enamel and erosion can occur during this vulnerable period. Thar neutralize your mouth first by drinking milk or water, or rising with a baking soda solution or just waiting 30 minutes.
- Smoking: You already know smoking is bad for your lungs and heart. In case your need another reason to quit smoking: Besides the bad breath and stained teeth, smoking is one of the most significant risk factors associated with the development of gum disease.
- Not drinking enough water: The simple act of sipping tap water can help strengthen your teeth. Drinking floured water is also an important way to rinse accumulated sugars and acids from your teeth.
The best way of fighting against the disease periodontal and the problems of health related with the oral bacteria is to keep a good hygiene, brushing the teeth a minimum two times a day, use dental floss and regular visits to your dentist.
We invite you to call toll free from USA and Canada 1 800 701 6039, or if you are already on vacation in Cancun and want to meet us, you can call us for an appointment at the following local number (998) 140 51 25.
You might also be interested in: Toothbrushing mistakes and how to fix them
German Arzate Garza
Mistakes youre making with your teeth