Despite improvements in dental care, millions of Americans suffer tooth loss, mostly due to tooth decay, gingivitis (gum disease), or injury. For many years, the only treatment options available for people with missing teeth were bridges and dentures. But, today, dental implants are available.
Dental implants are artificial replacements for teeth. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth (like dentures) that are made to match your natural teeth.
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself on social environments.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also prevent bone loss and tooth shifting.
- Durability. Titanium implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of dealing with falling dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Success rates of dental implants vary, depending on where in the jaw the implants are placed but, in general, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%. With proper care implants can last a lifetime.
Allow Dr. German Arzate, together with his team of specialists, to help you with dental implants while you enjoy your vacation in Cancun. Communicate with us at 1 800 701 6039, for provide you all the information and advice necessary for resolve their doubts and to you provide the best option of treatment according to your case.
You might also be interested in: Looking for an affordable sinus lift?